Favourite non-work websites
I actually think this is tricky as some of my favourite websites are work related (geek!)…anyway:
- Gawker – Fabulously bitchy New York celeb/society blog from the man who helped define the blogosphere backstab, Brit, Nick Denton. For their categories alone I love it – eg: “Awww”, “We hate your kids”, “The Gays”, “Things We Actually Like”. Nothing is sacred – hurrah!
- My Chemical Toilet – My friend Stu’s music blog, never fails to make me lol – one of the very few non-work blogs I follow. Get him to send you emails, they’re really funny too.
- YouTube – Obvious, but there are such pop gems on there like Whitney at the Grammys and live Pulp at Glastonbury 1995 doing Pink Glove. It’s still a favourite place to get lost for hours.
- The Cuke – Not sure if I’ve had this exact one, but gin and cucumber deliciousness.
- Elderflower Martini – mmm… as tasted first at the amazing Lounge Bohemia.
- Screaming Orgasm – Actually think this is disgusting now, but it was a favourite at uni and so sprang to mind (you get some interesting video results if you search for this I notice)
I don’t actually do karaoke – I’m nearly incapable of singing – zero range. But if I could, I’d go for:
- Bonnie Tyler – Total Eclipse of the Heart
- Pulp – Babies
- Bryan Adams – Summer of 69