There’s a lot of posts maybe to be written about Twestival – including a big proper thank you post – but this is the first one that springs to mind…
- 1 in 6 people in the world don’t have clean drinking water – not trying to be all worthy at you in the first point, but that’s what it was all about. Head to charity: water to find out more
- Make contingency for the #uksnow – apologies for the queue guys
- Geeks arrive on time, as one journalist said to me – like ALL of you. On time. Hence the queue
- Think BIG – In terms of guests, what we can raise, media, cities. The amazing Amanda has taught me to think big
- Next time Ben and Tim take me for a drink and ask me to get help out with something, I’ll beware!
- I like doing charity – next up, Refugee Week with Bright One
- Be strategic – My PR brain is still a bit junior and tactical, having Neville to bounce stuff off from a PR perspective, helped me to raise my game and ask myself why we were trying to communicate something, and to who
- Be nice – the things that happened that were cool, people who were great, favours that impressed were both because of being nice, and done by nice people
- I saw this quote on Twitter on Friday and thought it was cool – “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, ‘What’s in it for me?” – I hope that’s true!
I learnt an unbelieveable amount from Twestival, and jokes aside, feel really privileged to have been involved with such a cool bunch of people working so hard.